Okay, so you all should have the magic formula for how many proteins/carbs you need to eat at each meal.
You need to eat 6 times a day. Please do this. I won't go into detail why (they have the reasons in your manual). I know it may be a huge adjustment for you. You'll probably find that you are eating more than you used to. But again- you have to do it get the results you want.
Now that you know how many proteins/carbs you need it will make planning your meals easier. You'll check the label to see what the counts are per serving. Say I'm looking at a Wild Rice label and a 1 cup serving has 41 grams of carbs. I can only have 22. So I know that I'll have a 1/2 cup of Wild Rice and that will take care of my carb.
Don't bother looking at pizza, chip, granola bar, or junk food labels. Those are obviously out until your free days.
Here's a quick rundown of your 6 meals:
1. Morning (should be within 30 minutes after your workout if you can):
protein + carb
2. Mid- morning snack
protein + veggie + carb
3. Lunch
protein + veggie + carb
4. Mid-Afternoon Snack
protein + carb + veggie if you are still hungry.
***Veggies are required for 3 out of the 6 meals, but you can always fill them in to other meals if you want. I usually do my veggies for my mid-morning snack, lunch and dinner. You don't have to do it that way, just make sure you get veggies in 3 of the meals. If you get hungry before it's time for you next meal and you have to munch on something, grab some celery sticks or any other veggie you like.
5. Dinner
protein + carb + veggie
6. Last Snack
protein + veggie
** You may have carbs 5 out of the 6 meals each day. We take out the carbs for one meal to make up for all the veggies you eat during the day since we don't count those. I recommend that you choose the same meal each day to skip. Ideally, your final meal would be the one to skip the carbs. You need the energy from your carbs to get you through the day, and having less to digest while you sleep is also a benefit. Think about it and make the best choice for you!!**
Make sure your last snack is before 8:00 pm. I'm not sure if that's a Farrell's handbook rule, but it is mine!
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment